Saturday, September 22, 2007

How it all began...

I received an email today from someone I met this week at the conference I attended. Her question? Why did I start my blog? In my first blog entry back in Dec. of 2006 I share my personal life story about change and what I have been seeking/working on for the past two years. What that entry does not tell, is the story of my first ever writing on line. In late August of 2006, I was spending an evening on-line reading a few websites and updates as I usually do instead of T.V. An article caught my eye,it was a response/rant from a female writer in regard to a Forbes Magazine article entitled, "Don't marry a career woman".

As a "career woman" I was curious. After reading the purported offending article, I felt compelled to respond; and respond, and respond.. I posted my response on a (ffaf), free-for-all-Friday on one of my favorite blog sites, slacker manager. Needless to say the response was a little interesting. One reader who really enjoyed my writing, sent me an email and we began talking via email about blogging and what it could do for me personally, professionally and what I could offer up to you; the readers. I pondered his suggestions and encouragement....

The rest is shall we say history....the link to my response on the ffaf is listed below; I apologize for the lack of editing. It was my "first" posting on line. Yet, it still speaks to how my mind works/thinks about life. With that said, the original article on Forbes was pulled, but is now found with a rebuttal article from another Forbes author/editor. To find it; simply type in "don't marry a career woman" in your Google search engine...Enjoy ALL of the articles/responses!

my link: http://slackermanager.com/2006/08/a-career-womans-response.html to view this, cut and paste this link into your search bar.

So now you know the rest of the story...and how I found the tag "career female" as my blogging tag name.

Jana

No comments: